Should Your Business Advertise on Social Media or Search Engines?
Businesses are constantly faced with where to invest their online advertising dollars. Two popular options are social media and search engine advertising. But, should your business advertise on social media or search engines? Let’s take a closer look at each.
What is Social Media Advertising?
Social media advertising is a way to target specific audiences on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Businesses can reach many users with varying demographics, interests, and behaviors through social media. It allows for precise targeting with options to display ads to users based on each factor. The three main benefits of social media advertising are:
- Cost-effective: Generally, a daily budget will be set by a business to generate an optimal amount of exposure.
- Increased engagement: These ads allow businesses to use interactive content that encourages engagement and shares.
- Brand awareness: Businesses interested in creating brand awareness will find that social media ads are a great way to accomplish their goals.
What is Search Engine Advertising?
Search engine advertising is a form of online advertising where ads are displayed to users searching for specific keywords on search engines like Google. Through search engine advertising, businesses can target potential customers actively looking for their products or services. The main benefits of search engine advertising are:
- Cost effective: Businesses can target users based on search terms to only reach people interested in their product or services. Therefore, the paid clicks will most likely be for someone ready to call.
- High conversion rates: Search engine advertising helps businesses reach customers who are already searching for similar products or services, leading to high conversion rates.
- Detailed analytics: Businesses can track the success of their ads through metrics such as clicks, impressions, and conversions.
So, should your business advertise on social media or search engines? The answer depends on your goals and audience. Social media advertising is ideal for most businesses looking to both increase brand awareness and generate leads with an audience active on social media. Search engine advertising is excellent for businesses that know their audience is already searching for their product, but need to be in the results when they do. Let Global Internet Technologies help you find your perfect online marketing strategy. Give us a call today!